The leading household appliances rental company faced ongoing challenges with clearing their ex-rental electronics stock. They placed a value of $160,000 on its excess stock however, the resalable value was only $50,000.
Active identified an alternative remarketing channel which was in line with the restrictions set out by the client and the stock clearance was therefore approved.
Active purchased the stock at its original price of $160,000 paying in Trade Credit, which could be utilised to part-fund media.
The media agency was then asked to join the collaboration with Active, including Active Trade Credit in their client's media placement in order to fulfil and maximise theirTrade Credit utilisation.
The household appliances rental company client realised full value for the delisted product.
Also, they were able to use their Trade Credit to purchase media generating additional value back to the business. Overall the client was able to extend their media budget and trial new channels which increased their brand awareness and ROI.
- The client realised the full value of its excess stock
- The client used their Trade Credit to buy media generating additional value back to the business
- The client was able to extend their media budget and trial new channels which increased their brand awareness and ROI.
- Received media campaign from a client who would would not have received any bookings otherwise.
- Generated profit from the trading of the media plan